At Tennis4All, we have a major foot fetish…. It’s to assist those who need a little help staying healthy.
Each morning we put on a fresh pair of socks with hardly any thought. But for people experiencing homelessness, clean, warm socks are a luxury.
We are asking that you bring a pair or a few pairs of socks to the social for donation to the homeless.
By participating you not only help keep vulnerable people healthy, safe & warm, but also help them maintain their dignity & comfort during this difficult time in their lives.
- Many bacteria and fungi thrive in warm, moist environments. Access to clean, dry socks can go a long way in avoiding foot infections.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, in cold enough conditions, frostbite can occur in 30 minutes or less! Warm, well-fitting socks can prevent this for many people.
- A study out of Samuel Merritt University identifies foot and ankle health as an important public health concern for the homeless.
Who knew how important those new socks, that most of us take for granted can be?
Here are the details…
- Date: Saturday, November 16
- Location: Woburn Racquet Club
- Time: 7:30pm – 11pm (social tennis matches start at 8pm)
- Cost: $25 or $20 with sock donation
Click here to register!!