NOTE: All Tennis4All memberships have been extended, free of charge, to June 1, 2021.
The Summer Singles Challenge Ladder runs from June 8 to September 27 this year, and is open to all current Tennis4All members. The cost to participate in the Summer Challenge Ladder is $10. This is a great opportunity to challenge players at various levels and to schedule matches at times and locations most convenient for you and your opponent.
Initial standings will be determined by the challenge ladder director and posted on the Web site. The initial ranking of players on the ladder is based on player ratings and past performance in leagues. Players may join the ladder at any time during this time. Once the ladder begins, new players may be added in the 11, 21, 31, etc. positions, whichever is the most appropriate point of entry for the new player’s level of play.
Awarding of points
Players shall be awarded the following points:
- 1 point for accepting a challenge
- 2 points for issuing a challenge
- 3 points for winning a match
- 1 point each for a tie
- 2 points for a default win
This year prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- The #1 player at the end of the season
- The top 2 players who have accumulated the most points at the end of the season
- The player who has climbed the highest from the beginning to the end of the season
All participants must issue a challenge at least once a month and play a minimum of two matches each month. Players, who are not on a leave of absence, that fail to play the minimum matches will be removed from the ladder. Click here to view the complete rules.
NEW FOR 2020
Before Signing Up
Read the updated Tennis4All Terms of Service, which includes a new COVID-19 Participation Waiver
Before Heading to the Courts
- Each player brings their own can of tennis balls
- Bring hand sanitizer
- Read the USTA Player Guidelines for playing tennis safely
On the Courts
- Don’t touch each other’s tennis balls
- No hand shaking etc.; keep your distance
Contact: Challenge Ladder director