Members are required to maintain the confidentiality of other members’ personal information that is made available through the roster (available online to members at www.tennis4all.org). The purpose of the roster is to enable members to contact other members for tennis matches. The information is for the exclusive use of Tennis4All members. If there is a complaint that any member has misused the roster, such member’s access to the roster and membership may each be revoked.
Waiver and Release
By joining Tennis4All, and/or in consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Tennis4All related events and activities, the Participant agrees and acknowledges as follows:
- Participant will be taking part in sports activities, and in particular tennis, that can be hazardous and involve the risk of physical injury and/or death. The participant fully realizes the dangers of participating in such activities. Recognizing the risks and dangers, the Participant voluntarily chooses to participate in the activities and expressly assumes all risks and dangers of the participation in the activity, whether or not described above, known or unknown, inherent, or otherwise.
- The Participant is aware that sports activities, and in particular tennis, are physically demanding and require strenuous effort from the Participant. The Participant is not aware of any medical or physical condition that would limit the Participant from participating in Tennis4All related events and activities. Furthermore, if the Participant has a medical or physical condition that impacts her/his ability to participate in sports activities, the Participant affirmatively states that she/he has received medical clearance from a physician to participate in Tennis4All related events and activities.
- The Participant unconditionally releases, forever discharges, and agrees not to sue the Released Parties for any claims or causes of action for any liability or loss of any nature, including personal injury, death, and property damage, arising out of or relating to Participant’s participation in Tennis4All events and activities; and (b) the Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any liability or damage of any kind and from any suits, claims or demands, including legal fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of, or related to, Participant’s participation in Tennis4All events and activities.
Added May 26, 2020
As a Member of Tennis4All, in consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Tennis4All activities during the current COVID-19 Pandemic, I agree to this addendum and agree to amend my Membership agreement by acknowledging, and agree that:
- The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) from the activities involved in this program are significant, including the potential for permanent damage or death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions, including those related to Pandemics for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of a Tennis4All official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Tennis4All their officers, Board of Directors ,officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, owners and lessors of premises (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.